University support

External support

  • Citizens Advice provides some useful information on the different types of hate incidents and hate crime people may experience
  • Galop supports LGBT+ people who have experienced abuse and violence
  • Tell MAMA supports victims of anti-Muslim hate, offers counselling and is a public service which also measures and monitors anti-Muslim incidents.
  • Victim Support. When you disclose a crime to the police, they should automatically ask you if you would like help from an organisation like Victim Support. But anyone affected by crime can contact them directly – you don’t need to talk to the police to get Victim Support help. Support helpline 0800 1601985
  •  Police Scotland  provide information on hate crimes and hate incidents. What you can do if you, or someone you know, is a victim.
  • Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service have an advice line and provide further contact details for organisations who can support anyone who has experienced hate crime of any sort.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened