Report and Support cannot provide an immediate response to urgent concerns or ongoing incidents. If there is an immediate risk of serious harm to you or anyone else please call the emergency services on 999 (to call from a University extension dial 9999). Please also notify the University’s Security and Response Team on 01334 46 8999 (to call from a University extension dial 8999). In any other circumstances that require an immediate response, you should call the University’s Security and Response Team on 01334 46 8999. 

To report a Covid-19 incident (for example, if someone persists in breaking the rules or fails to respect community members), visit the Report Covid-19 issues web page.
Students coming forward to disclose or report any form of abuse or assault, including bullying and harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct or hate crime will not face University disciplinary action for having breached Covid-19 health and safety guidelines. No University disciplinary action will be taken in relation to breaches of Covid-19 health and safety guidelines which are disclosed by students in the process of providing information to the University for the purposes of contact tracing. 

Most spiking incidents do not involve a secondary crime such as theft or assault, often spiking is about embarrassing the other person. However, if you suspect you have been assaulted or sexually assaulted after being spiked, it is important to tell someone and get support. One of the effects of date rape drugs can be amnesia, or loss of memory. That means it’s possible that you won’t be sure if you’ve been assaulted. But if you suspect you’ve been physically or sexually assaulted it’s important to tell someone. Try to confide in someone you trust like a friend or family member.

Students seeking support for disclosures of sexual violence are encouraged to speak to Student Services in the first instance.  A referral to FRASAC will be offered, alongside any practical advice and support (e.g. academic, alternative accommodation, financial) and determining any immediate safety needs.  Students who do not wish to involve the University may self-refer directly to FRASAC (01592 642336). Students can find further resources on this dedicated support page.

Support for Staff

External Support

You can go to the police or hospital accident and emergency department. If you don’t feel able to do that right away, the Rape Crisis Scotland helpline is free to call on 08088 01 03 02 every day, 5pm to midnight. 

Victim Support: Victim Support is an independent charity for victims and witnesses of crime. They offer free, confidential help to anyone who’s been affected by sexual harassment. Call 08 08 16 89 111.

NHS Sexual Assault Response Coordination Service (SARCS). SARCS is a dedicated NHS service which can offer healthcare and support in the days after an assault, if you’re not ready or unsure whether to go to the police. More information on the services SARCS offer can be found in their brochure.

Fife Rape and Sexual Assault Centre
Sign Health (for deaf people) 
Stay Safe East (for deaf and disabled people) 
Southall Black Sisters (aimed at Black women) 

Ref. https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/advice/staying-safe-while-drinking/drink-spiking-and-date-rape-drugs 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened