It takes great courage to disclose experiences of discrimination or hate. Everyone who has experienced this deserve to be listened to, supported and believed. What has happened is not your fault and you are not alone. Your safety and wellbeing are the most important things right now. 

Disclose to the University

Use the Report and Support system to submit a discrimination or hate incident to the University of St Andrews. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an adviser
  • If the matter is about student welfare, you can contact Student Services
  • Student Services can also support you to make a submission to the police and make a submission on your behalf if you wish 
  • If the matter is about student conduct, you can contact the Student Conduct Officer directly if preferred.
Staff members can also make submissions to to: 

 Other ways to disclose

  • Make a submission to the police  
  • Call Fife Council on 03451 550022 
  • Contact the Citizens Advice Bureau through their advice web page or by calling their helpline on 0800 028 1456 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). 
  • Contact CrimeStoppers to submit anonymously. CrimeStoppers often passes information to the police. You can call 0800 555 111 or submit online to CrimeStoppers
  • Make a submission through a third-party submission centre:  
    • Fife Centre for Equalities, New Volunteer House, 16 East Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1XT. Phone: 01592 645310  
    • Dundee Citizens Advice Bureau, Dundee Central Library, Wellgate Centre, Dundee DD1 1DB. Phone: 01382 307494  
    • Dundee Voluntary Action, 10 Constitution Road, Dundee DD1 1LL. Phone: 01382 305744 
    •  Third Party Submission Centres for Hate Crime - Police Scotland  

There are two ways you can tell us what happened