Report and Support cannot provide an immediate response to urgent concerns or ongoing incidents. If there is an immediate risk of serious harm to you or anyone else please call the emergency services on 999 (to call from a University extension dial 9999). Please also notify the University’s Security and Response Team on 01334 46 8999 (to call from a University extension dial 8999). In any other circumstances that require an immediate response, you should call the University’s Security and Response Team on 01334 46 8999. 

To report a Covid-19 incident (for example, if someone persists in breaking the rules or fails to respect community members), visit the Report Covid-19 issues web page.
Students coming forward to disclose or report any form of abuse or assault, including bullying and harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct or hate crime will not face University disciplinary action for having breached Covid-19 health and safety guidelines. No University disciplinary action will be taken in relation to breaches of Covid-19 health and safety guidelines which are disclosed by students in the process of providing information to the University for the purposes of contact tracing. 

It takes great courage to disclose experiences of discrimination or hate. Everyone who has experienced this deserve to be listened to, supported and believed. What has happened is not your fault and you are not alone. Your safety and wellbeing are the most important things right now. 

Report to the University

Use the Report and Support system to report a discrimination or hate incident to the University of St Andrews. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an adviser
  • If the matter is about student welfare, you can contact Student Services
  • Student Services can also support you to make a report to the police and make a report on your behalf if you wish 
  • If the matter is about student conduct, you can contact the Student Conduct Officer directly if preferred.
Staff members can also report to: 

 Other ways to report 

  • Report to the police  
  • Call Fife Council on 03451 550022 
  • Contact the Citizens Advice Bureau through their advice web page or by calling their helpline on 0800 028 1456 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). 
  • Contact CrimeStoppers to report anonymously. CrimeStoppers often passes information to the police. You can call 0800 555 111 or report online to CrimeStoppers
  • Report through a third-party reporting centre:  
    • Fife Centre for Equalities, New Volunteer House, 16 East Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1XT. Phone: 01592 645310  
    • Dundee Citizens Advice Bureau, Dundee Central Library, Wellgate Centre, Dundee DD1 1DB. Phone: 01382 307494  
    • Dundee Voluntary Action, 10 Constitution Road, Dundee DD1 1LL. Phone: 01382 305744 
    •  Third Party Reporting Centres for Hate Crime - Police Scotland  

There are two ways you can tell us what happened